35048 Position Type
(US)Full Time Career Function
Engineering and Maintenance Recruiter Posting Type
Kerry is a global leader in taste & nutrition. Our manufacturing facilities produce and supply the world with over 15,000 different food, beverage, and pharmaceutical products throughout the world. With a commitment toward sustainability and reputation for innovation, a career with Kerry offers you the chance to change the way the world sees food and nutrition. A career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. About Kerry
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Where you'll work:
A new addition to the world's largest industrial vinegar producer, welcomes a new era while continuing to deliver quality to our customers. Kerry's Applied Health & Nutrition company acquired National Vinegar in 2021. 2nd shift opening 3:00PM - 11:30PM, Monday - Friday with occasional weekend work. Training will be on 1st shift, 7:00AM - 3:30PM for 1 - 2 months after starting. What you'll do:
Coordinate activities in all phases of plant maintenance. Perform a variety of maintenance and repair functions on machinery and equipment. Required to repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals and manufacturer’s specification, equipment such as pumps, electric motors, pneumatic valves and other process equipment. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Assist in planning of plant projects with the engineer.
· Execute plant projects on time and within budget guidelines.
· Plan and implement a maintenance program for the plant.
· Supervise and assist in plant repairs including basic electric, plumbing, welding, etc.
· Report to the Management team on a daily basis the status of projects and maintenance in the plant.
· Work with outside contractors.
· Ensure all maintenance programs include safe procedures for all employees.
· Utilize SAP and MVP systems in operation of Maintenance function What you'll need to be successful and safe:
· Ability to repair and maintain instrumentation and low voltage circuits.
· Knowledge of basic 110/480-volt electrical wiring or equivalent.
· Ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams and flowcharts.
· Detail Oriented – Ability to catch inconsistencies and correct errors.
· Ability to Weld on pipe required.
· Ability to run and repair PVC pipe.
· Have general knowledge of Ammonia systems and compressors.
Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Education
High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational training to meet job requirements. Experience
· 5 years’ experience in building maintenance and machinery repair.
· Welding experience required.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here . Additional information can also be here .
Location/Region: Alton, IL