Employer (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; Employer is going places. At Employer, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how Employer can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you’re looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We’re committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
As a Labor Relations Negotiation, you will assist in the establishment and maintenance of labor-management relationships, administration of labor relations activities and contributes to the development of labor policies, procedures and programs. It represents management in labor relations activities, including the negotiation, interpretation, and administration of collective bargaining agreements, and responses to NLRB activity.
- Within area of responsibility, implement the Company's strategy in Labor/Management Relations, including serving as chief spokesperson for contract negotiations and mid-contract letters of agreement with unions as assigned. Consult with the Labor team and management to formulate bargaining objectives and develop Company proposals; lead bargaining efforts and develop counter-proposals as needed to reach resolution.
- Lead the administration of collective bargaining agreements, as assigned. Provide guidance and direction to management and labor field teams as to the interpretation, implementation, and day-to-day administration of collective bargaining agreements. Work with region management and senior leaders to identify issues related to Labor/ Management relations and negotiations, as well as recommended resolution.
- Provide direction and counsel to the field labor teams in the resolution of labor grievances and other union-related complaints filed internally with the Company and externally with state and federal enforcement agencies. Prepare and respond to grievances at the final step in the process.
- Serve as the primary interface to the local Union leaders working to resolve issues timely and provide proper notification as required by the labor contracts. Respond timely and appropriately to Union requests for information and demands to bargain.
- Support the Company's legal representative in disputes involving employment matters and labor relations to include labor arbitration, National Relations Board activity (Unfair Labor Practice charges), agency hearings and state and federal court cases
- Assure compliance with federal and state law by maintaining current knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws, rulings, regulations and make recommendations on appropriate changes in Company policies and practices where appropriate.
- Provide requested support related to organizing campaigns, workforce reductions, Labor Relations training and other areas as requested.
- Position interacts frequently with all levels of management, including senior leaders. Contact purpose primarily surrounds labor relations negotiations and strategy matters. External contacts are significant, including union representatives at all levels, arbitrators, outside counsel and government officials.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, with emphasis in human resources and labor relations or related field or equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum seven years of experience in labor relations, employee relations, or employment law and compliance, including experience in investigating and resolving employee disputes or grievances.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with seasoned conflict management experience.
- Experience and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking orientation and ability to work independently
- Position requires frequent travel for extended time periods
- 10 years of experience in Labor Relations, with proven experience overseeing contract negotiations
- Leadership or direct supervisory experience
- Advanced degree in business administration or related field.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Florida-Apopka; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-Missouri-Kansas City; US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-Nebraska-Omaha; US-Ohio-Dublin; US-Utah-Salt Lake City; US-Virginia-Herndon; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 166914
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.