Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
The mission of the BTS Sales Training Team is to be highly aligned with sales leadership to cultivate a world class sales organization by delivering value to our customers through transformational learning programs.
The BTS Sales Training Team supports all segments of Business Technology Solutions (BTS), which is comprised of Enterprise, Global, GES, Federal, Commercial, Financial, ISV and International.
Our team is focused on the following three areas: New Hire Training, Continuing Education Programs and Sales Leadership Coaching.
New Hire Training: Through formal and informal facilitation, our goal is to enable our new sales professionals to become productive and successful as quickly as possible. We provide a positive and engaging experience for new sales professionals as they begin their journey with Employer, while providing them with the resources, tools and knowledge to consistently meet and exceed their sales goals and professional objectives.
Continuing Education Programs: Our Continuing Education (CE) programs consists of sales skills training designed to improve the performance of our sales professionals over time and initiative based training designed to support the launch of new tools and processes. CE programs can be universal or segment and region specific based on prioritized training needs.
Sales Leadership Coaching: Through a collaborative approach, we provide coaching to all levels of sales leadership. Areas of concentration include effective skills analysis, critical thinking, implementation of sales strategies, and metric-based sales effectiveness through an increased level of discipline in the execution of BTS sales methodologies.
Admin Tasks (NH Systems access)
- Assists the new hire complete necessary administrative tasks and requests various system access
Recommends Productivity Enhancements
- Makes recommendations to enhance productivity, sales revenue and collaboration between human resources, operations, sales, marketing, product and finance
- Delivers training to sales professionals and sales leaders
- The position requires an ability to deliver training in a variety of modes, including Instructor Led in-classroom, Instructor Led Virtual Training (ILVT), and assisting in the development of Virtual Learning Modules (VLM) and video recordings
- Held to higher metrics than peers
- Perform at or above the peer benchmark
Peer Coach / Feedback
- Provides Intra-team coaching and feedback
- This position framework will also provide for a post-call assessment and creation of a coaching plan for further development.
Manager and above Sales Training
- Works with the Sales Manager and Sales Director to establish training strategies designed to fill the gaps. This effort enables individuals to best utilize their skill sets and all of the tools and resources available to them. The ultimate goal is an increase in efficiency, productivity and profitability. Will support all segments in Business Sales.
Manager and above /Leadership Training
- Consult with Sales Managers and Directors to ensure tenured and newly hired sales professionals meet required performance standards with a goal of reducing turnover, reduce ramp time and increasing productivity.
- Partners with the Sales Leadership to identify process, system, product training gaps, available resources and action plan to be implemented by the training department.
- Must be able to overcome roadblocks from clients/ requestors and exert influence without formal authority will demonstrate negotiation skills, including professionalism, discretion, persuasion, and self-assurance.
Concentrated Systems Training
- Support and direction of training specific systems to BU concentrated on Complex work
- Answer daily sales professional questions regarding the tool and provide information on where to find the answers for future reference.
Provide ongoing training up-dates and evaluation of programs
Leadership Interaction/ Readouts /Recommendations
- Makes recommendations to Leadership
Creates Learning Solutions / Recommendations ◦
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information regarding the impact of learning solutions against key business drivers
Gap / Needs Analysis
- Recommends courses modifications to existing courseware that respond to gap analyses and field requests
General Business Acumen/Product Knowledge
Reporting / Revenue Data
- Measure progress toward objectives: Will measure the sales teams’ progress toward a more disciplined approach to the sales process and, ultimately, the resultant revenue through using innovative approaches identifying leading indicators for predictive measurements to identify problem.
NH Liaison NEO
- Serves as a liaison for the new hire during the on boarding process
- Guides others in problem solving
- Ability to create very complex reports and analysis on specific results
Provides assistance with ad hoc reporting and other team initiatives
•Bachelor's degree and 6+ years’ experience, Master’s degree and 4+ years’ experience.
•Certifications in various sales training programs a plus, particularly Miller Heiman and Corporate Visions
•Strong platform skills are required, with familiarity in experiential learning courseware
•Strong verbal and written communication skills.
•Excellent customer service skills.
•Problem solving and analytical skills.
•Microsoft Word and Power Point experience.
•Experience with Employer business sales products, systems/tools, processes and selling skills.
•Willingness to travel 25 – 50%.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Florida-Apopka; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-Nebraska-Omaha; US-Tennessee-Johnson City; US-Utah-Salt Lake City; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 168409
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.