Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. Employer offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit Employer for more information.
This is a night shift role to cover hours between 7PM - 7AM Central Time
The Employer Financial Support Operations Technician II will act as the single point of contact for Incident Management and Change Management for Employer’s low latency, sensitive market data clients. Incident Management will consist of proactive monitoring, diagnosis, and resolution of incidents in a 24x7, fast paced, team orientated operations center. The Employer Financial Support Operations Technician II will interface directly with Employer’s enterprise and strategic customers, 3rd party vendors (Field Service Technicians and Telecommunications Technicians), Financial Exchange Vendors, and internal resources to ensure a superior customer experience.
- Deliver superior customer service through professional, comprehensive, and timely communication for all Incidents and Requests for Change
- Provide timely response, escalation, and resolution to promote the rapid restoration of services for all incidents
- Provide methodical and successful execution of customer change requests
- Maintain network stability through advanced troubleshooting, timely resolution of customer incidents, and proactive maintenance
- Ensure all internal systems and customer environments are operational through the use of Network/System Monitoring
- Execute pre-approve change activities in a multi-tenant environment
- Identify resolve and escalate issues according to procedural documentation and training
- Incident management of low latency multicast and unicast connectivity over the Employer COIN network
- Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external)
- Manage incidents to resolution in a timely manner
- Monitor customer and infrastructure environments to quickly identify and resolve incidents
- Management of telecommunications vendors, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that vendors are actively troubleshooting incidents that occur within their network (including the local exchange network)
- Confirm that vendors are adhering to service-level agreements (SLAs)
- Other duties as assigned
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following:
- Network and Systems technologies
- Network LAN and WAN Protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, EIGRP, MPLS, PIM, IGMP)
- Telecommunications Technologies (T1, DS3, IMA, MetroE, BERT, loop testing)
- Corvil Network Latency Systems
- HP Openview (NavisCore) Network Management Systems
- IBM NetCool System Monitoring Suite
- Network and Systems hardware platforms
- Cisco routers and switches
- Juniper routers and switches
- Corvil Sequence Gap Analyzers
- Ability to analyze packet captures (.PCAP files)
- Familiarization with Global Financial Exchanges
- Familiarization with SAS-70 and ITIL guidelines and practices
- Technical certifications in areas of expertise (Cisco, Juniper)
- Certificates of training in associated fields/equipments
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience in specific technology or equivalent.
Associates or Equivalent in Computer Science or Other Technology
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Saint Louis; US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-North Carolina-Wake Forest
Requisition #: 168417
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.