Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Explore an opportunity with one of the country’s leading health insurers, right here in Jacksonville!
For generations, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has helped communities and families care for themselves. Year after year, we are consistently seen as the standard in top-quality, affordable health coverage. Innovation through strength and compassion goes to the heart of who we are and what we do. We have the following opportunities available at our Jacksonville office.
Customer Advocate I
(Job ID: DME-1022055)
Under supervision, this position is responsible for working on the phone all day in a call center to assist members and physicians by responding to telephone and written inquiries in a prompt, accurate and objective manner. Duties include: conducting research; spending approximately 90% of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs.
• High school diploma Or GED.
• 6 months customer service experience Or 6 months experience in an office environment.
• Data entry and/or typing experience.
• Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical and organizational skills and independent decision-making skills.
• Ability to spend approximately 90% of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs and sit for long periods of time with scheduled breaks.
Preferred Job Requirements:
• 9 months customer service experience.
• Experience working with various lines of business, i.e., CDHP, Medicare, Wellness, and Disease Management.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
• Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
• Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria.
• You could be asked to take an OnDemand digital video interview using HireVue. An email containing instructions would be sent to you.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the largest and most recognized health insurance companies in the nation. Be a part of the excitement and consider joining our team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at: www.bcbsil.com/careers. Please reference applicable Job ID DME-1022055 when applying. Previous applicants must reapply. **You could be asked to take an assessment once we review your application. An e-mail containing instructions would be sent to you.**
We are an Equal Opportunity Employment/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Location/Region: Jacksonville, IL (US - 62650)