Real Estate Appraiser
Where: St. Louis, MO
CMT is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Real Estate Appraiser for immediate employment in the
St. Louis office. The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Real Estate Appraisals performed in accordance with the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970. The property proposed for acquisition will primarily be associated with infrastructure programs in the markets of federal/state transportation and local public agencies (LPAs). Preference will be given to candidates that can also offer experience and willingness to provide negotiation and relocation services.
For the past 70+ years, the CMT team has been delivering innovative solutions to our growing list of infrastructure clients throughout the country with a focus in the Midwest. Since the 1990’s, CMT has offered real estate acquisition services to better assist our clients in navigating the entire project development process. As our client list continues to grow, CMT continues to realize an increased demand for real estate services including real estate appraising to successfully deliver the property rights necessary in a timely manner for our clients.
Working alongside teams of planners, engineers, architects and other real estate personal, the current opening for a real estate appraiser offers tremendous opportunity for career growth in a diverse, growing and collaborative environment. CMT’s promise of “Centered in Value” represents what our clients realize through innovative infrastructure solutions, excellent performance on projects, and a dedicated staff of professionals by their side to help make them successful in this dynamic industry.
CMT is proud to provide our employees with project and career growth opportunities in a work environment that we believe is unique to the industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a Right of Way Appraiser preparing appraisals, appraisal reviews, cost estimates and other appraisal related duties for various public and private clients in the fields of aviation and surface transportation and municipal infrastructure
- Coordinate with Right of Way Negotiators and Relocation Agents and personnel
- Prepare appraisals, review statements, and cost estimates using Microsoft Office software, property appraiser's websites, and various online research programs
- Participate in meetings with Right of Way staff to facilitate the development of appraisals, reviews, and cost estimates
- Participate in meetings with Design staff to provide support consultation at various stages of project development
- Collect and maintain accurate records
- Evaluate and analyze data necessary to complete work products
- Coordinate with other CMT staff in scheduling of assignments and achieving due dates
- Deliver electronically and/or hard copies of work products to the Client at or before defined due dates
- Be prepared to testify at eminent domain hearings and trials as necessary
Preferred Supplemental Responsibilities include:
- As available, serve as supplemental staff negotiator conducting landowner coordination and facilitating the acquisition process