Employer (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; Employer is going places. At Employer, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how Employer can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you’re looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We’re committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
- We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following Employer’s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active Employer employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to Employer as part of the acquisition.
The Employer Global Hosting Compute organization is accountable for all platform support for Employer managed hosting clients, comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment and interacting closely with Problem Management.
The Sr. IT Engineer will be responsible for providing Microsoft Windows and VMWare related support to all Employer managed hosting clients. They will troubleshoot systems and incidents to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time to Repair. They will also approve and execute change requests to ensure successful change management without incident in a timely manner.
The role will be working on a shift pattern which may include week day and\or weekends. The hours worked are a standard 10.5 hour days anytime between the hours of 09:00 and 20:30.
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate hosting issues according to procedural documentation and training
- Creative problem-solving to identify the source of problems
- Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of client environments
- Provide guidance to adjacent support tiers to assist in resolution of complex network, system and/or security incidents
- Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external)
- Partner with the Problem Management Centre to reduce re-occurring incidents
- Other duties as assigned
Technologies may include:
- Microsoft Windows Server OS
- Active Directory Services
- VMWare ESX
- Hardware support
- A degree in IT, Microsoft professional qualifications or equivalent proven experience in a technical support role.
- 3-5 years of experience in a server systems support role in an enterprise, IT or service provider environment
- A commitment to delivering a superior Client experience through direct interaction with clients during support and change management
- Proven incident and problem solving skills (troubleshooting) with an emphasis on a timely resolution
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Ability to follow established process and procedures
- Hands on experience including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows Server OS (2003, 2008, 2012, 2016)
- VMWare\ESXi (5.1, 5.5, 6.0)
- Hardware and firmware exposure in virtual and physical systems environments (HP, Dell, VMware, etc.)
- Common web server support (IIS, Apache, etc.)
- Active Directory Services configurations and diagnoses
- PowerShell scripting capabilities
- ITIL guidelines and practices knowledge
- Experience diagnosing complex issues through packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump)
- Load balancer configurations and support (F5, Cisco ACE\A10)
- Microsoft SQL (Clustering, Always On, Mirroring, diagnoses tools)
- Possesses a basic understanding of the following:
- Database administration
- Microsoft and\or VMWare certification
- Working knowledge of Public Cloud Platform (AWS and Azure)
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Town And Country
Requisition #: 161626
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.