Employer (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; Employer is going places. At Employer, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how Employer can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you’re looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We’re committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time.
We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following Employer’s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active Employer employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to Employer as part of the acquisition.
The Sr Lead Product Manager (PM) is an overall owner for a set of service offerings which solve customer business and technology problems in a model valued by the marketplace.
This senior product management professional is able to understand segmented customer requirements and the landscape of competitive options each customer may consider. The PM and their cross-functional team of development and operational resources must design a set of product features & functionality which can achieve growth, adapt to evolving market needs, and be profitable for the company.
Focus Area: Hosting Area Network and Datacenter Interconnect
Employer offers a set of managed Layer 2/3/4 network services within datacenter space it controls. Additionally, Employer has an automated interconnect platform capable of connecting a wide ranges of application use cases. These services help customers connect their hosted applications to the right networks at the right level of reliability and speed. Employer has extensive service experience in the area of network management and these services are a primary method of differentiation for its Hybrid IT services.
The Senior Lead Product Manager for Resiliency Services will be responsible for all managed network services within the IT and Managed Services business unit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as primary business owner for an ongoing collection of products within the business unit.
• Create an understanding of the position of each product relative to the competitive options
• Continually strive for simplification and rationalization of service options
• Make product lifecycle decisions around end-of-life and transition planning
• Guide new service concepts and commercial updates through the leadership approval process
• Develop deep understanding of market pricing and cost drivers for each service in the portfolio
• Develop assets to assist sales teams in understanding the customer benefits each product delivers, and how to consultatively position solutions
• Support sales and marketing resources with information regarding customer benefits
• Support field sales and engineering for qualified opportunities by assessing customization or feature feasibility
• Engage with marketing around understanding customer buyer segments and how to generate demand
• Work within the product launch framework to introduce new offerings to the proper channels
• Develop key business metrics by which product success will be managed and measured
• Strive to reduce friction for all types of service consumption, from both a technical and business perspective
o Move as many service functions towards automated, platform-based consumption as possible
o Move as many business and contracting functions to simple models which reduce sales friction
• Guide and direct development and operations resources to ensure user experience meets market expectations
• Evaluate and scrutinize the product delivery schedule for adherence to market requirements and progressive refinement of value
• Align new products and features to financial forecasts
• Understand development methodologies and delivery sub-systems to accurately gauge development timelines and feature feasibility
• Develop an appropriate roadmap publication for each channel of delivery
• Maintain service business cases as living documents
• Drive each service offering to attain its goals as set forth in the business case and financial forecasts
• Develop promotional and pricing alternatives to help influence demand and growth rates
• Understand geographic differences in pricing strategy across the portfolio
• Manage revenue and segment income accountability through forecasting and trend analysis
• Calculate and understand profitability for each revenue stream, with the support of Finance and Strategic Pricing teams
• Collaborate with other product groups throughout the company to drive understanding of how each service impacts the customer, and ensure alignment with stakeholders such as legal, regulatory, infrastructure, corporate development and other business units
• Be a corporate spokesperson, able to represent the product line along with the broader company strategy
• Adapt to changing market conditions as each business line evolves
• Support the customer, the company, and the team ahead of one’s own personal interest
• Bachelor's degree in technology, business, or engineering discipline,
• 10+ years overall experience; 5+ years with product management, previous hands-on technology role (engineering, product development, sales engineering, or systems operations)
• Demonstrated knowledge of IT Managed Services (such as computing, storage, applications, service management, cloud automation and/or networking technology).
• Proven experience navigating enterprise environments, marrying complex business requirements to progressive product design solutions, and overseeing transition to production from product development
• Ability to leverage organizational capabilities to develop detailed documentation and manage complex product commercialization services
• Strong technical knowledge of the technical domain for which services will solve customer problems
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Missouri-Chesterfield; US-Missouri-St Louis; US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition #: 161817
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.