First American Title Insurance Company’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
First American Title Insurance Company's National Commercial Services division is currently seeking a Construction Disbursing Assistant for its St. Louis, MO office.
Main job responsibilities involve assisting Disbursing Officers to ensure timely and effective communications and the processing of disbursement of construction draws, maintaining compliance with the specific requirements of each disbursing project. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a log of incoming construction draws
- Order and prepare date down endorsements-
- Prepare Requests for Funds
- Data entry of pending payments for checks and wires to be issued
- Monitor Trust account for receipt of funds
- Post incoming money to project files
- Print checks
- Send notices to payees when funds are available
- Assist with receipt of lien waivers and distribution of checks (via mail and walk in clients)
- Respond to customer inquiries and follow up telephone calls and e-mails.
- File management, (scanning construction disbursing documentation and other information into shared hard drives)
- Invoices for various services
- Works with disbursing team to ensure all disbursing procedures are followed and tracked, as applicable
- Review of monthly reports including trial balances and outstanding check logs
Typical Range of Experience
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent-
- 2+ years experience as a Construction Disbursing Assistant or Escrow Assistant or a minimum of 3 years in a related real estate, title, or construction industry position
- While not required, prior banking experience is a plus
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines
- Hands-on experience in AIA billing and lien waivers a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Office, and Outlook
- High School diploma or equivalent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Clayton, MO