JOB FUNCTION – REQUIREMENTS – SUCCESS FACTORS:
Initiate, Manage electrical Projects in a glass float plant as well as assist in Engineering and Maintenance problems or preventive actions.
- Knowledgeable in motor control logic, automation and hardware as well as power distribution in a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of managing a project to meet time, cost and effectiveness targets
- Able to communicate with different levels of the organization.
- Must have an Electrical Engineering degree.
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience in industrial/manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains adherence to Company policies and standards including creating and maintaining and training on procedures and guidelines for the proper maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Support Manufacturing on equipment issues.
- Develop project budgets and timelines and communicate progress as needed.
- Design control, automation, instrumentation, and power projects.
- Develop materials and train technicians on upgraded or new equipment or systems put in place.
- Oversee and manage outside vendors to ensure Quality, Environmental and Safety site requirements are met.
- Coordinate with site Maintenance supervisors for commissioning, training and execution of projects.
- Develop and implement training for operation and maintenance.
- Develop support documentation for projects.
- Participate in the development and management of the Capital and Expense budget for the Maintenance/Engineering department.
- PLC, PC, Motor Controls design, Robot Controls installation and maintenance experience
- Power distribution technology from 13.2Kv three phase to 110V single phase installation and maintenance experience.
- Project management skills and/or equivalent experience.
- Organization, prioritization, writing and verbal skills.
- Able to effectively use computer tools including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, MS Project and Auto-cad.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, move about facility, climb stairs, bend, twist, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel objects, grasp, push, pull, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to pass Respiratory Protection Program requirements.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
- Shift Superintendent – report equipment information as needed as well as offer suggestions on how to improve process or equipment.
- Shift Supervisor - report equipment information as needed as well as offer suggestions on how to improve process or equipment.
- Maintenance Supervisor – report on activities completed and needed as well as offer suggestions on how to improve process or equipment. Coordinate on commissioning and maintenance activities as well as improvements to Maintenance processes.
- Maintenance Project Engineer - report on activities completed and needed as well as offer suggestions on how to improve process or equipment.
- Production Personnel – communicate on status of equipment and equipment concerns
- Electronic Technicians – coordinate and communicate on equipment repairs.
- Financial Department – communicate on project and cost issues
- Process Engineers – communicate and coordinate on project process and issues.
- Area Managers – communicate on project progress and issues as they arise.
Provides work guidance to external vendors on requirements related to project activity. May be required to provide supervision to hourly technicians intermittently.
Plant Environment: exposure to outside conditions, high temperature, some chemicals, noise, vibration and dust that may require personal protective equipment.
About this company
Since 1987, parent company Fuyao Group, has been producing outstanding automotive glass for the OEM & ARG markets. Now a global company and world leader in auto glass manufacturing, Fuyao’s expansion into the U.S. marks a return to the midwest’s manufacturing roots. Fuyao Glass America will continue Fuyao Group’s tradition of high quality products and service, while better supplying North America’s auto industry.
Location/Region: Decatur, IL