Auffenberg Dealer Group of Illinois has an opportunity for an experienced Service Manager to join our team.
This person must be an excellent leader and be able to manage a staff of Technicians and Service Advisors.
The Service Manager runs an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives and maintenance of all service records.
They ensure that the daily inventory of technician’s time is consistently sold to service customers.
Some essential duties include:
* Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
* Hiring, training, motivating, counseling, and monitoring the performance of all service staff.
* Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
* Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
* Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
* Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
* Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
* Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
* Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
* Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
* Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
* Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
* Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
* Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks.
Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
* Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
* Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations.
* Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
* Maintains safe work environment. * Maintains a professional appearance.
We offer a competitive salary package as well as great benefits including:
* Competitive Compensation ($100,000 potential)
* Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance Plans
* Paid Vacation
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Vehicle purchase discounts
* Vehicle service discounts
Job requirements for applicant consideration:
* 2-4 years’ Service Manager or Service Director Experience in the automotive industry, preferably in the Service Department of a Car Dealership.
* Strong Communication Skills * A proven track record as a leader.
Location/Region: Belleville, IL (62226)