Maintenance Tech Location US-IL-East Alton Posted Date 11 hours ago(10/11/2019 4:08 PM) Job ID 2019BE-40EA # Positions 1 Category Craft/Maintenance - All Openings
GBC Metals, LLC, doing business as Olin Brass, utilizes more than 60 different copper-based alloys to produce specialized sheet and strip products for a variety of end uses. Primary markets for our high-performance products include automotive, microelectronic, and communication interconnects, as well as a long history in the supply of standard alloys in the manufacture of ammunition, coinage, and builders’ hardware. We draw strength and success from the dedication of our employees, many of whom have spent decades working in our industry. We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Tech at our East Alton, Illinois, facility.
The Maintenance Tech works together with and/or leads the operating crew to minimize downtime and to maximize productivity and is responsible for making the basic decisions on how a mechanical repair is to proceed and perform quality repairs the first time. The Maintenance Tech is responsible for leading the completion of more complicated and specialized mechanical and fluids repair tasks; work with the production team for constant improvement; perform administrative duties as assigned including completion of work order documentation and data entry into the computerized maintenance system. It is expected the Maintenance Techs will be competent in performing equipment repairs to varied mechanical and fluids systems including changing problem components and performing preventive maintenance on these systems.
- Minimum of five years’ heavy industrial/maintenance experience or a four-year apprenticeship certification required.
- Experience with mounting and setting equipment (rigging experienced desired), repairing mechanical transmission equipment, repairing fluid power systems, general equipment breakdown maintenance, and heavy equipment experience is required.
- Experience with large drive train systems including gearboxes, drive spindles, and sleeve bearings is required.
- Experience with fabricating of light gauge guarding and repair of metal products using Mig Welders, Tig Welders, Arc Welding, or Stick Welding is required.
- Experience operating manual conventional lathes, boring mills, conventional mills, and all related machine shop equipment is required.
- Understanding of infrared, acoustics and other predictive maintenance practices is considered a plus.
- Hydraulic and combustion systems troubleshooting skill considered a plus.
Positions consist of four-shifts, weekend work, and forced overtime. Rate of pay is $33.72 per hour plus shift differential and time and half on Sundays. If you are interested in a dynamic career with competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, please complete an online application at www.olinbrass.com. Click on the Careers link at the top of the page.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Location/Region: East Alton, IL