Maintenance Repairmen –
Mechanical and Electrical
Alton Steel is looking for Maintenance Repairmen to inspect,
repair, replace, adjust, install, wire and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment, including structural, crane, mobile equipment, hydraulics, plumbing and piping, power
transmission lines, transformers, and other related equipment.
• Provide scheduled and emergency mechanical and electrical repairs, installation, prevention and inspection work.
• Dismantle, rebuild, clean, repair, replace, install, maintain,
lubricate, wire, and analyze circuits.
• Analyze various equipment to determine maintenance needs.
• Fabricate parts and assemble equipment by reading
blueprints, sketches, instruction manuals and using precision tools.
• Adjust, repair and calibrate equipment, maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment, including scales, spectrometers and various meters.
• Perform rigging, jacking and hoisting as required.
• Layout, fabricate, weld, assemble, install and maintain all types of structural forms and
• Assist with maintenance, tests and repairs.
Competencies and Qualifications
• A.S. degree from accredited college or trade school or
minimum 4 years of mechanical or electrical experience.
• Ability to work independently and safely.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail, read blueprints and drawings.
• Ability to use various tools, including precision tools, drill press, power saw, grinders, threaders, pipe cutters, drills, pullers, hoists, wrenches, gates, calibrating equipment, etc.
• Working knowledge of mill equipment.
• Ability to pass company maintenance worksheet.
Total compensation includes base wage, bonus and
outstanding benefits package and ranges from $42-$50/hour!
Apply at Alton Steel, #5 Cut Street, Alton, IL