CASA Volunteer Recruiter/Trainer
Supervision by: Director of Volunteer Services and/or Executive Director
Work Schedule: Irregular hours, days, some evening and weekends
Counties: Primarily Madison County based with involvement in other service areas.
The CASA Volunteer Recruiter/Trainer of CASA of Southwestern Illinois has numerous responsibilities that directly support the delivery of services inclusive to training and recruiting of CASA Volunteers. The position requires networking with other community organizations, churches, businesses, civic organizations, etc with the intent to mobilize and train volunteers. Grant funded position.
* Must be a self –starter and ability to work independently.
* Excellent public speaking skills
* Must possess a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or other related discipline.
* Must have at least 1 years of experience working in the area of child victim’s services, child welfare, volunteer management, community mobilization and the court system.
* Must have auto and valid transportation insurance.
* Must have skills in engaging and mobilizing community resources.
* Must be will to travel among the 3 county service areas.
* May require some evening or weekends.
* Must have at least basic computer skills.
* Must support the team approach.
* Strong customer service skills to engage community organizations.
* Some skill in training volunteers, helpful.
* Must be familiar with community organizations, specifically Madison County service area.
* Clean background checks.
Child Victim Advocacy Education/Training
* CASA Volunteer Recruiter/ Trainer will arrange and conduct CASA Victim Advocacy training for Volunteer Advocates.
* CASA Volunteer Recruiter/Trainer will provide in service training via in-person and web-based training for child victim services.
* CASA Volunteer Recruiter/Trainer will track and monitor Volunteer Advocates to determine strengths and weakness.
* Promote in service education attendance, training and professional behavior.
* Participate in monthly staff meeting regarding child crime victim’s services or needs.
* Attend various training to enhance the knowledge of child victim services, child welfare trends
with respect child advocacy service delivery.
* Other duties deemed as relates to the management and supervision of CASA Volunteers.
Community Mobilization and Recruitment
* Identification of possible community agencies, civic organizations, churches and agencies regarding potential volunteers.
* Networking with various community agencies with the goal of building relationships for the identification of potential volunteers.
* Attend and participate in community events.
* Active public speaking and engagement.
* Endorse and support overall agency policies and confidentiality.
* Practice of good time management, teamwork model and overall professionalism.
* Actively participated in the team approach.
* Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
* Sufficient mobility to move to various locations in and out of the office.
* Must have basic computer skills and ability to view computer monitors.
* Sufficient visual ability to focus attention during extended use of electronic documents and internet web-sites.
Send cover letter and resume to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
CASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer