SHEET METAL WORKERS APPRENTICESHIP
Sheet Metal Workers Local Union 218S Joint Apprentice
Committee will be accepting application for their apprenticeship
program February 17, 2020, through February 28, 2020.
Applications will be accepted Monday through Friday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the Sheet Metal Workers Training Center,
2855 Via Verde, Springfield Illinois 62703.
Applications will be retained for two (2) years.
The following minimum applicant qualifications are required and documents must be presented at time of application by the applicant in person, no exceptions.
1. Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age at time of
application. Apprentices will be hired on
June 1, 2020
2. Have graduated from high school with diploma, sealed letter from high school stating applicant is scheduled to graduate at end of current semester, or a GED Certification. Applicant must provide an official transcript(s), sealed for high school(s).
Diploma and post high school education and training
certificates and/or diploma. Applicants with a GED must submit high school transcripts and GED certificate. Veteran applicants must submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or
experience, if applicant wishes to receive consideration for such training.
3. Applicant shall be physically capable of performing the
essential functions of the apprenticeship program without
posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others. Qualified applicants shall be subject to a physical
examination and drug screening on acceptance into the
program and prior to being employed. The cost of the
examination and drug screening shall be the responsibility of SMART 218S JATC.
4. Applicants must reside, and have had residence for at least three (3) months prior to Application, in the area over which the Committee has jurisdiction. No Exceptions. 218S Jurisdiction encompasses the following Illinois counties:
Brown, Cass, Logan, Mason, Menard, Morgan, Sangamon,
Schuyler, and Scott
5. Applicants must possess a valid Illinois driver's license, which provides the applicant's current address. Eligibility for
insurance MVR is required. Successful applicants must
maintain a valid driver's license and auto insurance for the
duration of apprenticeship.
6. Applicant will pay a $25.00 non refundable administration fee, cash only.
Study Guides are available for $10.00 cash only.
Refundable on test day, if not damaged or written in.
D.OL. Registration No. IL006480001
Equal Opportunity Employer